Monday, November 7, 2011

Happy Halloween!

This week was pretty good. I just found it ironic that on the week of Halloween, I found myself actually scared. It snowed about 6 inches here on Saturday night. Yep. I couldn't delay the inevitable any longer. Luckily, most of it is gone now, but it was a cruel awakening to what is in store this winter haha. This whole week has been really cold, and riding around on our bikes doesn't really help out that much. I've had to make several trips to various stores around town to buy some Maine-approved apparel. But I should be all set now. Besides. We found out something extremely exciting that will help out this winter a ton. It was basically the best news I've heard my entire life. Can you guess what it is? Yep. You got it. WE'RE GETTING A CAR!!! WAHOO!!! I guess Salt Lake approved the mission to get a few new cars, and we were at the top of the list! We were so pumped. I'm not going to freeze this winter!! Haha of course, that doesn't mean I won't get to be out thoroughly enjoying the thrill of a Maine winter, but it does mean we won't have to walk 10 miles a day trying to contact people and keep appointments in the snow. Plus, this is going to let us contact the outlying towns around Waterville with a lot more ease. Oh man, I can't wait. We'll be getting it at Zone Conference this week. I'm pumped!

Also this next week, we're going to be having Stake Conference up in Bangor. Our ward was selected to give a special musical number, and we were drafted to be in the choir. So that'll be fun. But it will be really cool because everybody from Belfast should be there too. Also, I've been asked to play the piano in Zone Conference again. I'm excited to be performing (kinda) music again! So yeah. This next week will be an awesome week. I can't wait.

This last week wasn't terribly exciting. We spent a lot of time this week giving service to the ward. We helped a family move, painted doors for a family to remodel their apartment, helped lug around several couches for different families, and gave several hours preparing and distributing sandwiches at the E.S.P. The service really helped us unify with the ward, which will be great for when we get the car- they can feed us more often! Win! Haha and we also have lots of them working on friends and families as referrals. So no worries. I'm still being missionary minded. Also this week, on Saturday, we had a ward trunk-or-treat. It was really fun, but a little odd. They decorated the church a little overly Halloween-ish. I mean, they turned the front lobby into a graveyard, complete with dead trees, gravestones, skeletons, and a massive pile of dead leaves. Cleaning up was a TON of fun, but it looked really cool. But what looked even cooler was Elder Carroll and I. We've both found killer suits at the various thrift stores in the area, so we decided to wear them to the ward activity. I mean, colored suits are about as close to dressing up a missionary can get. I had a sweet tan 3-piece suit and E. Carroll had a legit baby blue one. The ward loved it, and kept telling us they couldn't recognize us not in black haha. We took some killer pics- I'll send them home soon. We also got more candy that I think either of us can eat- and we didn't even trunk-or-treat! I don't even know how it happened! We came with candy to give out (I taped suckers onto pass along cards and gave those to the kids. They weren't amused, but I thought it was hilarious), and we were continuously given more and more food as the night went along. I seriously think the ward is trying to fatten us up for winter or something. Oh well. Anyways, that's basically this week. Just giving service to the ward, eating lots of food, and enjoying the last of the non-winter weather!

I best be off. Love you all! Hope you all had a great Halloween! I look forward to hearing from you soon!

-Faithfully,

Elder KC Esplin

No comments:

Post a Comment