Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Another great week

This last week was a week of ups and downs for us. But we're riding
the waves the best we can! On Tuesday, we went on exchange with the
elders down in Rockland. It was fun going back- I went on exchange
there several times while I was serving in Belfast a year ago...holy
smokes, that was a year ago...weird....one fun thing was that we met
up with the elders in Belfast, and while we were there, we got to see
quite a few of the members because they were all at the church for
young mens/ branch council. It was neat seeing them again.

The exchange went really well. I went on exchange with an Elder
Prusak. He went to USU the same time I did ironically, and we talked
about rooming together when we get back. He's pretty cool. We spent
most of our day tracting. But as a result, we found two new families
for them to teach! As we were knocking on doors, one lady opened after
we knocked, she said she wasn't interested, and her kitten ran
outside. We asked if we needed to catch it, and she said it wasn't a
big deal and closed the door. We knocked next door, and we started
talking to a mom about how the gospel would bless her family when the
dumb cat ran inside her house. The mom quickly grabbed it and threw it
out. No sooner had it landed than it spun around and tried going in
again. I could tell this was distracting the mom from the Spirit, so I
volunteered to hold it. It was content for about a half a second, then
started making it known it wasn't happy being held. I was almost done
with the contact, so I ignored it. I then asked if we could leave with
a prayer. As I prayed, the cat lost its patience and proceeded to put
a nice, deep cut through my palm and another across my wrist. I
quickly finished the prayer, closed the door, and shooed the cat away.
Hand now bleeding quite nicely, we walked about half a mile to an
investigators house so I could clean up. It was a pretty nice battle
scar. So yeah. There ya go. That's the daily adventure I get up here
in Maine haha.

The next day (Thursday) we had zone conference down in Augusta. It was
centered around the Restoration. It was great getting to see all my
buddies again, along with some of my new friends I've met in the zone
from going on exchanges. Elder Jones and I had to give a training to
the zone about our zone goal and using priesthood keys to reach our
goals related to finding new investigators. It went really well. The
Spirit was super strong the entire conference as we talked about
Joseph Smith and the impact he had on humanity. We closed the
conference by singing "How Great Thou Art." I got to play the piano
for it as well. There were few dry eyes amongst the 75 missionaries
present. SUCH a powerful experience, and I know that my testimony of
the restoration was increased. This really is it! Anybody who says
differently needs to take a second and think things over a little bit.
It only makes sense.

The next day (Friday), in the middle of weekly planning, I got a
migrane. Woohoo. So I was out for the count for the next several
hours. I woke up hating life to find out all our lessons fell through.
We exchanged with the Bangor elders that night. The next morning, I
got a call from Elder Jones that he had an eye infection and needed to
go see a doctor. So we spent almost all day Saturday getting that all
take care of. We took the day easy for the most part because i was
still sick and he couldn't open his eyes. We had two appointments that
night that we were really excited for. They were what was keeping us
going. But then we got a call back to back for both of them canceling.
Needless to say, we were quite discouraged. We were both sick, tired,
and had nobody to teach. So, we ate a big dinner, and we tore apart
the area and made plans about what we could do to change the way thing
had been going. We created plans, set goals, and had our vision
lifted. That night, we knelt in prayer to consecrate our plans and
give ourselves to the Lord for the next few weeks so we can turn the
area around. So this week, we're going to hit the pavement hard with
renewed vigor, and we're expecting some awesome miracles!

So yeah. That's my week for ya. This next week will be a good one.
We're going down to New Hampshire tomorrow until Wednesday for zone
leader council, which is looking like it's going to be super intense.
Then I'll be going to the Waterville district meeting, which will be
super weird for me to do haha. Then I'll go on exchange with the
Farmington elders for two days, then back to Brewer to go on a
new-investigator-finding-extravaganza. Sooooo...yeah. It'll be a busy
week. I'm super excited!

Ok, time to run. I gotta pack for my trip down to New Hampshire. Love
you all! Hope you have a great week, and I'll be excited to hear from
you all next week! Take care!

-Faithfully,

Elder KC Esplin

No comments:

Post a Comment