Wednesday, March 21, 2012

This week =Awesome

 Seriously. I'm probably more on fire right now for the work than I have been in a while. On Wednesday, we had a great lesson with an investigator named Aslynn. She's had a really hard life, and she's looking for a way to be happy and put herself on a better path, and she feels this is it. We had great lesson on the restoration. I looked her in the eyes and told her the first vision and bore testimony that it was real and it was true, and the Spirit was so strong. She set a baptismal date at the end of the lesson for the end of April! We were really excited about that. On Thursday and Friday, we had zone interviews. Thursday was down in Waterville, and it was super weird being back in that chapel again seeing everybody. Tammy and Sister Lang even came up to see me, which was really fun. She's still doing awesome, she now holds a calling as the visiting teaching coordinator. It's so cool to see her happy and having changed so much since when I first met her. The gospel really does change lives! At the interviews, we were in charge of giving an hour training to every companionship. It was on setting goals. To start it off, I did a little object lesson that I learned reading the 7 habits of highly effective people (best book ever! besides the Book of Mormon that is haha). I took a pole and set it about two inches off the ground. I then asked whoever in the group who could jump the highest to jump over it. In every situation, they just stepped over it. I then asked, " You know you could jump higher- why didn't you?" The conversation then moved into how our goals dictate how high we jump and if we don't have goals set high, we'll never jump as high as we could. We then related that to setting baptismal dates with investigators, reaching standards of excellence for the mission, keeping visuals updated, planning effectively, working with less-actives, and working with the ward. I had a lot of fun giving the training, and it was cool getting to know the other members of the zone a little better!



On Friday, we had the interviews in Bangor. At the end of the day, I had my time with President Wilkey. It was centered on the restoration. He had me look at a picture of the first vision ( the really common one that's out there) and explained what I saw. We then did a real play of a situation in which I could bear testimony of the first vision to someone I love who doesn't have the gospel. I chose Malachi from Belfast. I found out he fell off the deep end after I left...I felt the Spirit so strongly as I told him the first vision in Joseph Smith's own words, and bore testimony of what it meant to me. He bore his testimony of it, and read a scripture in the D&C about how angels record our testimonies, and how he felt among those angels were my future kids. That was a cheap shot in my opinion, I was already teary eyed, and then he had to bring my future family into it haha. Needless to say, it was one of the spiritual highlights of my life. And now, more than ever, I want to be the man of God that has a testimony of the gospel so I can lay that foundation for my future family. That's what I want more than anything else now.



Ok, enough about that. So last night, we were taking reports from the zone, and we saw some amazing stuff. Our zone is kicking some serious tail- we're leading the mission in most areas with the key indicators. There were some amazing miracles going on. Among them, I learned that Pete and Rose in Belfast now have a baptismal date, and Diane and Phil in Waterville have baptismal dates as well!!!!! When I learned Pete and Rose had set a date, I started whooping and hollering. I was SO excited. I love them so much. It's seriously the best feeling in the world when you see somebody you love accept the gospel into their lives. Man. Have I said how much I love being a missionary??



So a little preview of this week. We'll have two exchanges to go on - one with the Bangor elders, one with the elders in Dover-Foxcroft. It's also Elder Jones's last week in the mission field, so I'll have fun tormenting him about that haha. But other than that, it's just going to be a week of hard work trying to share this fire that we're feeling right now! Life is super good on my end. I'm loving it!



Ok, I better run. We have TONS to do today. But I love you all, and hope you have a great week! Take care!



-Faithfully,



Elder KC Esplin

No comments:

Post a Comment