Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy May!!

Man, I cannot believe it's already May. It honestly freaks me out
how fast time is flying. It's exciting, but scary! Especially since
we're so busy, time flies extra fast. But, we're loving it up!

Ok. Now for the exciting stuff. Mothers Day is this weekend!! Mom,
Happy Early Mother's Day!! I'm super excited to talk to you all! I
can't believe it's already been 5 months since I called home last...it
just feels like it was a couple of weeks ago haha. But I'm super glad
I get to do it again! So, I think we figured out the best time will be
at 5 PM your time. Hopefully that will work out ok. We had an
interesting time figuring out 3 phone calls haha. But yeah. I'll look
forward to talking to you then!

Sounds like there's some fun stuff going on back home! I'm really
excited to see the back yard once it's done. it sounds like it's going
to look great. That's so crazy that Kelsey got married!! Wow. Send her
my congratulations. I hope she found a good guy! And that's also
wicked cool Chad's getting married too! I bet Kirk's excited about
that. Dad, good luck with the round-up. I hope it all goes well, and
everyone will be safe and whatnot. How's grandpa doing? Hopefully I'll
get to talk to him soon, but I'd like a little update if possible. And
it sounds like Jared is loving up the french horn. He'll be awesome!
Get that kid in some sports. It sounds like he's got the body for it
now!

So. Once again. My letter didn't send like it was supposed to. Fail.
I'll forward it to that second email Dad. You may be right about not
being able to send when you're on it. Baja isn't exactly state of the
art (no offense or anything haha).  But good idea with the second
email. Hopefully that'll work this week. So look for two e-mails- one
for this last week, and then this one right here!

Last week was another crazy one. Wicked crazy one. On Tuesday, we had
to drive down to Auburn to pick up our third companion! His name is
Elder Niebergall from Roosevelt, Utah. So I'm now in my fourth trio on
my mission. So far, it's been awesome. He's a hilarious elder, and we
all get along really well. And it's really helping the work too.
Because of the trio, we're going to go on exchange with every area in
the zone (all 12!), plus we've already gone on two splits with
members, so we're teaching up a storm too. On top of the, like, 7
hours of planning we had to do for the transfer so far, we also got in
16 lessons, plus an exchange. So...yeah. Life is definitially in the
fast lane like never before!

We had some really crazy things happen this week. I faced  a lot of
things I've never had to deal with before. During a lesson with a
couple, a big fight exploded. They were yelling at eachother, swearing
and insulting, and it ended up with the man leaving the house to cool
down. I've never really had to experience that kind of thing to that
extent before. But once things calmed down a bit, we sat them down and
had a lesson on Charity, and sung "Our Savior's Love." The atmosphere
in the house completely changed, and the next day, things were better.
Although it was scary to face initally, the Spirit brought the
Savior's love into the house, and mended broken hearts. Once again, I
see the transformative and saving power the gospel can have in our
lives if we will only apply it!

Another hard pill to swallow happened on Saturday. There's the
sweetest less-active lady we work with who I've grown really attached
to. The only problem is, she's really emotionally insecure. She has
schizophrenia. One day, we'll go over and she'll be happy as can be.
The other, she'll be inable to function because of extreme depression.
On Saturday, we didn't have anything to do for an hour, so we were on
the far side of Bangor going to contact an investigator. As we got
out, we saw a woman on the side of the road, and desided to go talk to
her. It ended up being this less-active woman. She was at least 4
miles away from home, and it was getting dark quick. We stopped her
and talked to her, and then she just broke down saying she felt Satan
had a hold on her and she had just given up. She had no plans on going
home and didn't know where she was going to end up. We talked to her
about the Savior's love, said a prayer for her, and talked her into
letting us get her a ride home. We sat watching the sunset and talked
about things we were grateful for. It's a memory I know I'll never
forget.

So yeah. Those were two of the spiritual highlights of my week. And
like I said, we've been running around like crazy doing lots of other
things. A few other highlights included having a FHE with two
investigator families with our ward mission leader, wrestling Joe, the
300 pound ex-con (I actually held my own fairly well! His wife stopped
it, so we never found out who would have won...) He said he was going
to put in on Facebook and Youtube...i'll keep you updated if he does
haha. And that's about it! This next week, we'll have an exchange to
go on the first half of the week, a lot of planning to get done, and a
whole bunch of people to teach the gospel to! Life is good!! It gets
overwhelming at times with everything going on, but I know I've been
prepared by the Lord for this, and I know He's helping me. I honestly
feel at times that everything that has happened in the past has been
solely to prepare me for this time in my life, and I'm SO grateful for
my past and what's contributed to making me who I am. Thank you for
all the sacrifices you've made to make that happen. I'll be eternally
grateful for them.

Well, I better get going. Love you all! I'll look forward a ton to
talking to you on Sunday at 5PM! Have a great week!!

-Faithfully,

Elder KC Esplin

No comments:

Post a Comment