Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Hello!

Hey!! Good hearing from you all again! Man, it's nuts how fast the weeks are flying by now. it just keeps moving faster and faster, especially now with our new schedule. We had a great week, but we'll get into that in a bit.

I had a great week this last one! On Monday, we drove up to Sharon, Vermont and spent the night with the South Royalton elders. It was pretty funny, we typed the address wrong into our GPS and ended up driving for a while in the direction of Sharon, NH, and ended up on the southern end of New Hampshire haha. We then had to turn around and drive back the way we came and traveled half way up the state into Vermont. But it was all worth it in the end because the elders had 5 gallons of Ben and Jerry's ice cream from the factory that wasn't all too far away. The next morning, we drove up to Essex Junction, Vermont, which is at the top left-hand corner of the state. I spent the day up there on exchange with Elder Weaver, who I was in the MTC with. I have discovered that I LOVE Vermont. It's so gorgeous up there, and I love the feel of it. I can definitively picture myself living up there one day. Also, with the trip over to Essex, I've officially been from one end of the mission to the other. New England really is such a beautiful place. I love it out here.


After a few days up in Essex where we had some pretty good success, we drove back to Manchester to work for a few days. Great things happened in the work here too. We found some really awesome investigators. One really awesome one is a 19-yr-old girl named Caitlin. She was just sitting on her porch about to leave for the beach, but we stopped as we walked by to talk to her for a second. She later told us that her Dad has recently passed away and she had been asking herself a lot of questions about what happens after death and whatnot. She also told us she had been praying a lot for guidance, and was waiting for an answer to her prayers. I asked if she felt we could be an answer to that prayer. She looked down for a second, then looked me in the eyes and said, "That's what I'm beginning to feel." We shared some basic beliefs about the plan of salvation with her, and she accepted a return appointment so we can start teaching her!! That was really experience. The Lord really is preparing his children to receive the gospel- we just have to open our mouths!!


On Saturday, we made our big move out of our old apartment. it was NOT fun haha. Our old apartment is on the 3rd floor, so we got to move everything down 3 flights of stairs. But when we finished getting our stuff into the new apartment, it was all worth it. Our new place is SO much nicer. New carpet and flooring, dishwasher, and the best part- we actually have AC now!! The past two nights were the first two in like a month when we've been able to sleep without just laying on our beds sweating all night. So that's been an adventure, and I learned a lot from it too, especially about hooking and unhooking washers and dryers. That's been a fun experience haha.


So here's another random thing i had this week. We ate dinner over at a members home this last week, and we talked about his profession. He's a chiropractor. He told me about what he does for work and about the philosophies behind it all. It fascinated me and got me intrigued. I feel like that's a field I need to seriously consider when i get home. Dad, I know you do similar work to what they do- do you have any input to that revelation? Do you think I'd be good at it or enjoy it? Any insight would be great. So yeah. There you go. I might end up being a chiropractor in Vermont haha. How cool would that be??


Ok, I gotta get going- staff meeting will be starting soon. But I'll end with this. Last week, a member read a quote by President Eyring that really impressed me, so we got copies of it, and I've been working on memorizing it all week. I thought I'd share it because it has a lot of power behind. It contains some very powerful concepts, so hopefully we can all embody this one day. Be sure to read it slowly line for line!


"I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast! I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made; I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tainted visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits or popularity. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast, and my goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear! I cannot be bough, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up of the cause of Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till I know, and work till he stops me. And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear.

-Henry B. Eyring.


It's my testimony that this is the attitude we've been sent here to Earth to develop. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, and that everything is possible only through him. I know that this is His church, and that we are doing His will, and that if we will give our hearts to Him, He will give us everything in return.


I love you all, and hope you have a great week. I'll look forward to hearing from you all soon!!
-Faithfully,

Elder KC Esplin

No comments:

Post a Comment