Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hello and Happy New Year

It was great talking to you all on Christmas! Sounds like everybody is doing well. Mom, glad to hear you're feeling better. It's good to hear Grandma and Grandpa are doing well too. And Kirk Kayla and Ashton. It's going to be fun being home and with all of you again! I had a great Christmas and a great week overall. But we'll get to that in a bit. J is heading in to the doctors soon huh? Well, he's at the age when I got my colitis pretty bit. I think the anxiety meds help me out a lot. They aren't powerful, but they're enough to keep me mellowed out. And my mission has proved to be the healthiest time of my life. Maybe J would benefit from going on the robinul that I'm on. I don't know what'll work best, but what I'm doing now is going really well. Keep me updated on what ends up happening. Speaking of meds, I'll probably need one more batch of Lialda before I leave. Probably in the next few weeks would be good. I'd sure appreciate it! it sounds like you have some fun plans for new years eve. I can't believe the year is already over...2013 should be a good one though! I sure did have a great week. To answer your question, yes we did get snow. And a lot of it. We didn't have any at the beginning of the week, and we only got a light dusting on Christmas day (so I got a white Christmas!). But the last few days, our mission got pounded. We probably got a little over a foot in about 2 days. Definitely the most snow I've ever dealt with. In fact, on Thursday, President Wilkey grounded all the cars. So, we spent 6 hours walking to the office shoveling out houses the entire way. That was quite the adventure! By the time we got to the office, we were beat. But on the positive side, we stopped at a sea food restaurant on the way and had dinner, complete with some deep fried Oreo's. Oh yeah! I sure did have a great Christmas. This was probably one of my favorite Christmases of my life. We've spent the last 3 weeks or so doing nothing but sharing the message of the true meaning of Christmas. part of that was watching a Mormon message called "lifting burdens" (here's the link: http://www.mormonchannel.org/mormonmessages?v=910937379001#.... After watching it with a family, we'd ask them which one of those gifts we've been given by the Savior has touched them the most this last year. That resulted in a little mini testimony meeting, which ended up being very powerful in a few of the lessons. I always bore testimony either of how I've found peace through the Christ, or how I've learned how to look to the future this last year. Anyways, after the sharing, we talked about what gifts we could give back to the Savior. The answer we always pointed out was our hearts. We then made the point how when we give a gift to someone, we always do so with the intent of helping them feel joy. but, that joy is usually fleeting. But the joy that the Savior gives us- that's the gift the Savior can give us every day. We ought to try and give him something in return each day! (3 hour delay) Well, unfortunately, I have to get going. I had my temple recommend interview with President, then had staff meeting, and now we're leaving to go pick up the Vermont zone leaders up in South Royalton for zone leaders council...but, if I have time, I'll hop back on and finish writing a little more. If not, I'll be sure to write on Monday! Love you all! Have a great week!! -Faithfully, Elder KC Esplin P.S.- this next week is transfers. It'll be interesting to see if I stay or go for my last one! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment